Monday, June 2, 2008

Major Event

Today is a major event in the Rogers' household...for the first time since January 26, 2005, Danny and I are both getting up and going to work - real paying jobs!!! It has been a long time coming, but we have now officially moved past "the mill" and have new careers.

Danny has only worked outages in his internship and really doesn't know what his day-to-day routine will be (other than getting up in the middle of the night - alarm went off at 4:30 this morning). Today isn't at the plant, and will mostly be paperwork and some computer training, we think.

I will be working all day today at my part-time job. It is going well...not a huge learning curve...I've just jumped in and started working. Last week I worked 4 days but 2 of them were orientation. We'll see once I get settled in just how many hours a week this is going to be. Things are going well and I am still looking for full-time work, but I feel at least I have both feet on the threshold at the hospital which is a major step toward getting full-time employment there.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I'm glad things are going well for you two!