Friday, June 20, 2008

It's official...

I will be starting my full-time job on Monday at 8:30. My hours to start with will be 8:30-5:00 and at some point I will start rotating covering evenings in the minor care area...those days will be 11:30-8:00. I don't think it will be that bad - just look at how many years I worked until 8:00 at Springs. I'm really excited to get started and my boss sent me a very nice e-mail on Thursday saying how excited they are to have me start. (They have been short staffed for several months due to some promotions and expansions they have had.) Since they are trying to seem more personable than your regular hospital, the office staff all dress as such rather than in scrubs. That is good and bad. I'm looking forward to working in a professional environment where I can dress accordingly (I did that about 200 years ago and enjoyed dressing up for work), but on the other hand, there is something to be said for having a "uniform" and just throwing on your scrubs and white shoes. I'm sure I'll have lots to blog about in the coming weeks as I learn new things.

No comments: