Saturday, June 28, 2008

1 week down

I haven't had to get up and go to work 5 days a week since November of 2001...that made this week a very long week. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it is going to take a little while. I have started actually doing my job rather than just watching someone do it and trying to learn from that. Actually doing something makes the day go by faster. My regular hours will be 8:30-5:00. I asked about the rotating 11:30-8:00, and that is just going to be occasionally when the part-time people working evenings are unavailable...it's not going to be a regularly scheduled event. The work schedules are made up a month at a time, so I will know in advance what my schedule will be. Even though I'm actually getting to do some things, I'll be going to class to learn more about the software sometime in July. I had this class before I started my internship in January, but there were parts of the software that I didn't have access to at that time, so I'm redoing the class for a refresher on what I have used before and to learn about the parts that I didn't have access to. We'll have to see how week 2 goes...it will be a little bit different because Danny is working night shift this week, but only 3 nights because of the July 4th holiday.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Glad you're getting settled in and are getting into the swing of things. It's great that you got to be at the Village where you wanted to be. Congrats.