Tuesday, May 27, 2008

1st Day at Work

Wow! I am now getting ready for day number 2 of my new job. How odd it seems to say that I have to get up and go to work...I have done school for 2 years, but there wasn't a paycheck involved in that. Now I have 1 full day behind me and am going for a second. Yesterday and most of today will be orientation, so I really haven't done "my job" yet. I'll get a taste of that this afternoon and will get a schedule of when I will be working. Amazingly, there were about 50-60 people in my orientation class, getting ready to do all sorts of things...from housekeeping to hospital administration...from just out of high school to retirees who got bored and wanted something to do (or needed to supplement retirement). It was definitely an experience yesterday and a whole lot of information to take in. Gotta go...don't want to be late for my second day at work.

No comments: