Sunday, May 25, 2008

Owls

This is a picture of one of our baby owls from several years ago. I am posting this now because we were sitting in the yard Friday night with family and I started talking about the owls being gone for the year. They come late in the year to nest somewhere withint a block or 2 of our house and stay until the baby (pictured above) learns to fly...sometime in May. The year this was taken, we had them right outside our bedroom window, but in December of that year, we had a lot of damage from the ice storm and the owls have been a little farther away since then...but they always come back to our area and you can hear them late at night or VERY EARLY in the morning. So anyway, this is a photo of the baby while it was learning to fly.

I'll have to update more tomorrow when I get home from my orientation for my JOB!!!!!!

No comments: