Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Road Trip

Today I took a roadtrip. Not just any roadtrip...a roadtrip with my sister. Whenever this occurs, there are usually some very interesting stories to tell. It has been a while since Sandra and I have done this, and we no longer go alone as we have my nephew, Andrew, and my niece, Caroline with us. They are not yet old enough to appreciate a really good road trip because neither of them can drive...but that day is coming. They also don't appreciate our singing some really old songs. Sandra and I have been roadtripping for many years and the only thing that was missing from today's trip was our really loud, really bad singing. In place of singing we just talked and pointed out things that weren't there the last time she had been that way. At one point, one of the kids asked why we didn't just say everything was new and just stop talking...Didn't happen.

The purpose of this trip was twofold. First, we went to the Duke Power World of Energy to learn about nuclear power. Danny will be working at the Oconee Nuclear Station starting next week (his internship only) and I thought it would be cool for the kids to see and learn about what he would be doing. The second part of the trip was for my sister, a Clemson graduate, to visit and reminisce about her college days. As you all know, my allegiance is to Carolina, but if Sandra went there it can't be all bad (well maybe today, but not from '82-'86). It has been many years since she had been to Clemson and boy has it changed.

All in all it was a really good day. I think the highlight of the day was the visit to Clemson Ag-Sales to get fresh ice cream...YUMMY!!! This is a delicacy I discovered back in the 80s when she was a student and have not had for a very long time. Today's delight was a brown sugar vanilla milkshake, which was wonderful. Back in the dark ages, they had orange-pineapple ice cream that was to die for, but that wasn't on the menu today. I think it has been replaced by orange-passion, which just didn't sound as good.

I would post pictures, but neither of us took a camera. I was going to, but walked out without it and didn't want to go back in the house and stir up Nick and Danny. We stopped and bought one later on, but then never used it. I'll have to try to do better in the future.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I still can't get over the fact that you not only ate but enjoyed eating something on Clemson's campus.....I guess when it is fresh off the farm it must taste better.....