Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kitchen Update

Well, the time is finally here for the great kitchen repair. It has been a long time coming - since October 29 when we had the kitchen flood. I have seen huge improvements each day and wanted to share them with you.



These are all made Monday morning with the cabinets cleaned out and waiting for work to start.






Here is what it looked like when I got home from work on Monday evening:


And now - Tuesday evening. The biggest change is not something that is visible to the camera. While they had the hole in the floor (where the new wood is now) they went under my big kitchen and put supports under it so that the floor is perfectly level. For anybody who lives in an old house, especially a mill house, you know -- there is nothing level in the entire house. Well now, my kitchen floor is level. I felt like a drunk walking across it the first time...I guess I was used to the topography of the land and had been adjusting to it for the past 5 years.

And finally...here is what it looked like Wednesday night. It's another big change, but the best is yet to come.

How do you like the fridge in the pool room door? There is a new solid floor with sealant on it. Today, the vinyl floor will go down and then all that's left is putting the cabinets back...ha!ha! I made that sound easy. The ceiling cabinet and floor cabinet won't be that much trouble...I don't think. However, the floor-to-ceiling cabinet where the oven is built in and the pantry is may be more of a problem...did I mention they jacked up the floor??? Now they will have to shave off the top and bottom of the cabinet that is meant to fit snug to make it fit. The jigsaw puzzle part of this should be interesting.....Stay tuned for more updates.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product.