Friday, October 31, 2008

Water, Water EVERYWHERE!!!!

Some of you know and some of you don't...but you're about to...what a wet week it has been on Upland Street. Wednesday started off just like any other day except for some reason I decided to shower before getting anything to drink or taking Nick out - which meant that I was already clean that day...and that was a good thing. That is where the day started going south--in a big hurry. I threw on clothes after my shower so that I could take Nick out and while standing on the back porch I looked down to see wet footprints on the porch..."Why are my feet wet?" I asked. As soon as Nick was ready to go inside, the answer to my question was evident - My kitchen floor was covered in water. This was the start of a very long day. Once we got the leak stopped and my kitchen flooring seemingly dry, this is what it looked like. The dark water stains on the cabinets didn't use to be there.


This is the edge of the cabinets where the water was coming from. For anyone who doesn't know, it is on the opposite end of the cabinets from the where the hot water heater was. Also, this was made several hours after the hot water heater had been removed from the house...



it was constant water seeping out - UNTIL - the insurance company insisted on sending out ServiceMaster to take care of the water cleanup and evacuation. They found water in places I wouldn't have thought it could get to. This is what my kitchen looks like now---AFTER SERVICEMASTER.



There are 4 of these big fans plus a dehumidifier in my kitchen making it a wind tunnel. The white areas of the floor are what are wet and the dark is what was dry to begin with...the dark is where there was glue, dirt, etc. I will update more when I have something positive to report.

No comments: